In both naturopathic and Chinese medicine, prevention is the best medicine. Nutrition and lifestyle habits are some of the most important factors in cancer prevention and treatment. Here are some tips to help reduce your risk of cancer.
Cancer Prevention Tips from American Institute for Cancer Research
- Be as lean as possible within your normal range of body mass.
- Be physically active as a part of everyday life.
- Limit consumption of calorie-dense foods and sugary drinks.
- Eat mostly foods of plant origin.
- Limit intake of red meat and avoid processed meat.
- Limit alcoholic drinks.
- Limit salt consumption.
- Avoid moldy grains, nuts and beans (these may contain aflatoxins).
- Aim to meet nutritional needs through diet.
- Do not smoke and avoid exposure to tobacco smoke.